Roanoke Catholic School, established in 1889, is a college preparatory school accredited by AdvancED. 100% of graduating seniors who apply to colleges and universities are accepted.
Roanoke Catholic School, like other small, rigorous college preparatory schools, does not rank students for the purpose of college admission. Our school requires school uniforms for all students in Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade. Also, the Upper School student must complete a minimum 40 hours of individual service each school year.
The average SAT scores for the Roanoke Catholic School student is about 100 points higher than the national and state average for combination of Math, Critical Reading, and Writing.
Unique Opportunities and Boarding at Roanoke Catholic
Roanoke Catholic School offers a boarding school experience for international and domestic students through Wilson International. Wilson International provides a premier boarding experience for Roanoke Catholic students.
The dorm is located near campus in a recently restored historical building in the heart of downtown, just a 5 minute drive from Roanoke Catholic. The building is completely updated with a fully secured access control program, designated fiber optic internet service, laundry facilities, and a full-time chef. In addition to room and board, Wilson provides a residential life program for its students. Wilson cherishes the opportunity to help nurture thoughtful and competent global citizens, within the framework of Roanoke Catholic’s mission statement.
Many private schools have one thing in common: they have small class sizes to form close relationships between students and teachers. In addition, our school strongly suggests that all international students meet with their academic advisor on a weekly basis. We take a personal interest in the well being of international students. It is very important to make international students feel welcome and at home during their stay with us.
At Roanoke Catholic School, we offer Honors, Advanced Placement, and Dual-Enrollment courses.
|Honors Courses||AP Courses||AP Courses/Dual Enrollment|
|Physics||English Composition||AP English Language (English 111 & 112)|
|Calculus I & II||English Literature||AP English Literature (English 211 & 212)|
|United States History||Advanced Grammar Composition (English 111)|
|Chemistry||Dual Enrollment US/VA Government|
|Spanish Literature||Dual Enrollment US/VA History|
|Spanish Language||Dual Enrollment Spanish (Level II and higher)|
Application Process for New International Students:
- Submit completed application forms online. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
- Submit the following through the online application or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TOEFL examination scores
- Transcripts for the two most recent years of school
- Two teacher recommendation letters (English & Math)
- Completed Personal Essay on “Why I want to attend Roanoke Catholic School”
- Interview online with the Roanoke Catholic Administration.
APPLICANTS FROM CHINA: In order for the Roanoke Catholic admissions team to get to know our Chinese applicants better, we have partnered with Vericant. Vericant will conduct video interviews and short writing samples with our applicants in Mainland China. Vericant does not evaluate candidates but, instead, posts the interviews online for our admissions team to review. Participating in the Vericant interview process is optional and not mandatory to the admissions process.
To learn more about Vericant and to schedule an interview, please visit Vericant’s website.
International Tuition and Fees:
International students will pay tuition of $18,500 in full by July 1. A boarding fee of $20,000, payable to the boarding company, is also due in full by July 1. A fee of $275 will be due to the Diocese of Richmond in order to begin paperwork for your I20. Click here for details of included benefits in boarding program.
Re-enrollment process for Returning International Students:
- Upon teacher recommendation and administrative approval of student return, Roanoke Catholic School will send the Roanoke Catholic School Enrollment Contract for International Students.
- Return both copies of SIGNED contract.
- For renewal of I-20, Roanoke Catholic School will apply for a Federal Government of the United States I-20 SEVIS Immigration form through the Catholic Diocese of Richmond. Applicant is responsible for $100 fee payable to the Diocese. RCS will send completed I-20 SEVIS Immigration Document (original – must be kept with student at all times).
- Submit documented proof of a personal primary health insurance policy with a company in good standing and authorized to operate in the United States (see below).
- By July 1: Pay full tuition and fees at the international rate for the student’s appropriate grade level.
When arriving on campus you must present your passport and I-94 Card.
International students enrolled at Roanoke Catholic School must be covered by a personal primary health insurance policy. During their stay in the U.S. these foreign national students must acquire health insurance from a U.S. firm to serve as their primary source of insurance for medical coverage. The school’s policy is a secondary policy, designed to cover claims of incidents, which might occur during school related events and might not be covered by their primary insurance carrier.
Please click here for information about the health insurance provider we recommend, though you are welcome to explore other options as well.