7 reasons to choose Roanoke Catholic
- We’re a Catholic school, but you don’t have to be Catholic! Yes, we offer daily prayer, weekly Mass, Prayer Buddies, and a commitment to serving our community by “blending learning with faith and faith with daily life.” But we welcome all faiths (20% of our students are not Catholic) and families who desire a moral, spiritual environment for their children.
- No SOLs! We focus on individual achievement, critical thinking, intellectual exploration and creative expression — in other words, learning — not unnecessarily stressful standardized testing.
- We are affordable. We are not a private school but a catholic school — catholic meaning “universal.” Our goal is to be open to all families regardless of income. More than 50% of our students receive some form of tuition assistance. And a new source of financial aid can cut your tuition in half!
- We prepare for what’s next. Our graduates earn a 100% college acceptance rate and each year more than $3 million in scholarships. And with our dual enrollment and Advanced Placement courses, our students can graduate with as many as 24 college credits, giving our families even more value for their hard-earned tuition dollars by lowering their future college costs.
- Individualized classes, fully endorsed teachers. From PreK (3 and 4 year olds) to Grade 12, our student-teacher ratio is about 15:1. All of our teachers hold valid Virginia state teacher certification, ensuring our students receive the finest instruction available.
- We compete outside the classroom too. RCS Celtics’ athletics features 26 middle school, junior varsity and varsity teams that annually compete for the state’s highest honors. We nurture artistic expression through Theater, Dance, Choir, Band and Visual Arts. Student-run activities include Yearbook, Student Newspaper, Key Club, National Honor Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Student Government Association, Red Cross Club and Prolife Club.
- One word: uniforms! Oh, the joy of no wardrobe drama! You’ll save money, time — and aggravation! — with a year’s worth of school clothing that can fit in one drawer. Trust us … you’ll love it.
We invite you to begin your admissions process by contacting Melissa Barnard, Director of Enrollment, at 540-982-3532 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour and meet with the Principal. This affords an opportunity to learn about the school’s philosophy. The Lower School spans grades PK-7 and the Upper School includes grades 8-12. From there, you will:
- Complete the Online Application. There is a $25 application fee.
- Arrange for a student visit (Grades K-12), possible entrance testing.
- Once accepted, complete the online enrollment process.
Please request more information if you would like our admissions office to contact you.
Pre-K Admissions Process
Our preschool is open to 3 and 4 year olds. Students who meet the proper age and health/immunization requirements should complete an online application. There is a $25 application fee. Priority for acceptance is given to students who have siblings already enrolled at Roanoke Catholic, Catholic students from surrounding parishes, and children of alumni. All applicants must be able to toilet themselves independently.
K-12 Admissions Process
We are pleased your family is considering admission to Roanoke Catholic School. The school’s mission emphasizes the development of the whole person, blending learning with faith and faith with daily life. The development of faith, academic success, character, athletic and other abilities is nurtured within the school’s educational philosophy. Faculty, staff, coaches and advisors all serve roles that mentor students toward reaching their full potential.
Roanoke Catholic School admits students of any race, color, sex, religion, and national and ethnic origin. The extent to which a student may prosper academically, as well as develop as a citizen of the school community, is the fundamental issue that is considered in the evaluation of an applicant for admission. The admission process seeks to determine the match between the applicant and the Roanoke Catholic School community.
Applicants and their parents are invited to the school for a personal interview and tour of the school. Arrangements may also be made for students to visit classes and to meet with teachers and administrators.
Roanoke Catholic School includes students from a variety of cultural, economic, and religious backgrounds; the school strives to foster a diverse academic community. We are grateful for your serious consideration of our school and look forward to working with you and your family as you make this important decision.
Candidates for admission to Roanoke Catholic School and their families must be willing to commit to the philosophy of Roanoke Catholic School and to the Christian values it upholds, including cooperation, service, prayer, and worship. Candidates who are admitted to Roanoke Catholic School must continue their personal, religious, and academic growth in a manner that bears witness to the school’s philosophy.
Priority for acceptance is given to students who have siblings already enrolled at Roanoke Catholic, Catholic students from surrounding parishes, and children of alumni.
Additional forms necessary include:
1) Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form (MCH213G revised 10/10) – all three parts – Information form, completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian, Certificate of Immunization meeting minimum immunization requirements (Code of Virginia § 22.1- 270), signed by physician and Comprehensive Physical Examination Report by a licensed MD, NP or PA, completed within 1 year prior to admission to school.
2) Presentation of an original birth certificate
3) A copy of the student’s baptismal certificate (if Catholic)
See additional requirements for International Students on the Admissions Process page.
If you have any questions regarding the enrollment process, please contact Melissa Barnard, Director of Enrollment.
Mail: 621 North Jefferson Street, Roanoke, VA 24016