We are not a private school but a “catholic” one in its original meaning: universal, open to all regardless of race, religion, national and ethnic origin, and income. We strive to make Roanoke Catholic both available and affordable to all who aspire to our standards of academic excellence, familial values, and faith in the Gospel.
This year more than 40% of our students receive some form of funded tuition assistance made possible by our community of generous supporters who believe in our mission.
We are pleased to offer FACTS Payment Plans and Grant & Aid Financial Needs Assessment on the same platform.
If you have an existing Tuition Payment Plan through FACTS and have already created a user account, please sign in through the FACTS link on the home page (with the graduation cap). If you are a New FACTS User please create a username & password through the FACTS link.
From the website, please reference the below list for documentation needed for Grant and Aid applications. (Please note that the majority of aid is allocated in the first round of decisions. It is important to submit everything before the deadlines.)
To qualify for the first round of financial aid decisions, these applications and all supporting documentation must be submitted by March 1.
*Note: First round is for all students. Second round financial aid is primarily for families with business income or to families accepted after March 1. Some funds ARE set aside for round two. The application deadline for second round is June 1. Financial aid can be applied for after June 1, but available monies are limited.
Required Documentation for March 1, 2018 (and the June 1, 2018) deadline:
Application requires a $30.00 non-refundable application fee.
Depending on your application, some or all of the following documents may be required.
- Copy of 2016 or 2017 IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. If applicant and co-applicant file separately, we require both tax returns for the same tax year. Please make sure Social Security Number on application matches the Social Security Number on the tax return. Submit ALL schedules and forms that go with your 1040-see below.
- Copies of all 2017 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant.
Please Note: If you are applying before you have received all the 2017 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, please submit them as soon as they become available. Be careful when completing the tax section to select the correct status. If you file taxes but do not receive a W2, select that option in the application.
- Copies of all supporting tax schedules if you have income/loss from any of the following*:
- Business – (Form 1040 Line 12) send Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Farm – (Form 1040 Line 18) send Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Rental Property – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Partnership – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Estates and Trusts – (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
* IMPORTANT: If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your 2017 Federal Form 1040 Tax Return.
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). If you do not file a tax return, documentation of Non-Taxable Income is required.