Inclement Weather Decisions to open or to close school during inclement weather are made by the Principal before 7:00am. We will email any inclement weather changes directly to families as well as post the information on this website under “News” on the homepage. TV channels 7 (WDBJ) and 10 (WSLS) will be notified first, followed by 13(WSET) in Lynchburg and local valley radio stations.
In the event that school needs to close due to inclement weather, we ask that parents please observe the following guidelines:
- Continue to listen to media announcements if school is delayed. Sometimes the delay changes to a closing.
- Make an advance “bad weather plan” with your child(ren). What will happen if school closes early? Can he/she can get into the house? Will he/she go to a neighbor’s if you can’t get home? Who will pick up your child if he/she is a car rider?
- Plan ahead by making arrangements for your child(ren) during inclement weather. Understandably, the school’s phones lines and personnel can become critically overloaded when swamped by last minute calls. We ask your cooperation in helping with this vital process.
- If bad weather is possible after the opening of school, and you do not have access to TV, radio or the internet, please make arrangements to have a “snow buddy” who can notify you if an early dismissal is announced.
- After-School Care will be cancelled in the event of an early dismissal.