We invite you to learn more about Roanoke Catholic School at our ST. PATRICK’S DAY OPEN HOUSE on March 17, 10 a.m. to 12 noon. And stay for lunch … it’s our treat!
Reserve your place by contacting enrollment director Melissa Barnard: firstname.lastname@example.org or 540.982.3532, ext. 2130.
7 reasons to choose Roanoke Catholic
- We’re a Catholic school, but you don’t have to be Catholic! Yes, we offer daily prayer, weekly Mass, Prayer Buddies, and a commitment to serving our community by “blending learning with faith and faith with daily life.” But we welcome all faiths (20% of our students are not Catholic) and families who desire a moral, spiritual environment for their children.
- No SOLs! We focus on individual achievement, critical thinking, intellectual exploration and creative expression — in other words, learning — not unnecessarily stressful standardized testing.
- We are affordable. We are not a private school but a catholic school — catholic meaning “universal.” Our goal is to be open to all families regardless of income. More than 50% of our students receive some form of tuition assistance. And a new source of financial aid can cut your tuition in half!
- We prepare for what’s next. Our graduates earn a 100% college acceptance rate and each year more than $3 million in scholarships. And with our dual enrollment and Advanced Placement courses, our students can graduate with as many as 24 college credits, giving our families even more value for their hard-earned tuition dollars by lowering their future college costs.
- Individualized classes, fully endorsed teachers. From PreK (3 and 4 year olds) to Grade 12, our student-teacher ratio is about 15:1. All of our teachers hold valid Virginia state teacher certification, ensuring our students receive the finest instruction available.
- We compete outside the classroom too. RCS athletics features 26 middle school, junior varsity and varsity teams that annually compete for the state’s highest honors. We nurture artistic expression through Theater, Dance, Choir, Band, Visual Arts, and Engineering/3D Printing classes. Student-run activities include Yearbook, Student Newspaper, Key Club, National Honor Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Student Government Association, Red Cross Club and Prolife Club.
- One word: uniforms! Oh, the joy of no wardrobe drama! You’ll save money, time — and aggravation! — with a year’s worth of school clothing that can fit in one drawer. Trust us … you’ll love it.