Roanoke Catholic School has been monitoring the guidelines being recommended by the Center for Disease Control and the Virginia Department of Health to prepare for and respond to any potential impact the coronavirus (COVID-19) may have now that there are confirmed cases within Virginia. As always, the well-being of our families and the greater Roanoke community – especially our elderly and those with existing health issues – remain our priority.
In an effort to help curtail the spread of the pandemic, Roanoke Catholic School is postponing Saturday’s Shamrock Hill Run to May (date and time pending permit approval). Our partner at Virginia Amateur Sports is prepared to refund any race registration fees, but we are hopeful you will choose to keep the spirit of St. Patrick burning until May. (All runners will receive a post-race beer in appreciation). For refunds, please contact Charity E. Waldron, Director of Operations & Media Relations at Virginia Amateur Sports, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding, and please join us in praying for all who are being affected by this health emergency.