Roanoke Catholic’s Home and School Association (HSA) supports the school, teachers, staff, and the Catholic education of our children. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful volunteers — parents, grandparents, friends and alumni — who graciously volunteer their time and energy to the HSA and the school.
Each family has a 15-hour minimum commitment to volunteer through HSA activities or school functions, including sports. Each RCS family also pays a $50.00 fee that provides a funding source for HSA.
HSA meetings are open to all and held on the third Tuesday of every month at 7:45 am in the library.
During last school year, HSA coordinated and funded more than $30,000 of initiatives for Roanoke Catholic including:
- Teacher start-up gifts
- Science magazine subscription for 6th grade
- Back to School Night
- Fall teacher’s lunch
- New Parent coffee
- New RCS Bus campaign
- Field trip to Science Museum of Western Virginia
- Student Government Association induction reception
- Grandpals Day
- Book Fair bucks
- Christmas Store items
- Catholic Schools Week Open House and Teachers’ Luncheon
- Expense support for middle school Washington, D.C. trip
- Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day cafeteria decorations
- Prayer Buddy supplies
- Middle School Science Fair supplies
- Upper School art student field trip to Norman Rockwell exhibit at Taubman Museum
- Portable automated external defibrillator (AED) for Athletics
- Muffins with Mom & Donuts with Dad
- RCS Preschool Mother’s Day tea
- First Aid kits for all RCS coaches
- Upper School and Lower School student scholarships
Thank you for being a part of the Roanoke Catholic Home and School Association and helping our school community. Home and School association may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.