Roanoke Catholic School is excited to celebrate the blessings of our faith community during Catholic Schools Week starting Jan. 26 with a host of events including:
Sunday, Jan. 26 | Celebrating our Parish
Roanoke Catholic students to speak at Roanoke Valley Catholic church Masses.
Monday, Jan. 27 | Celebrating Vocations
RCS students to dress as what they want to be when they grow up.
- 5:30 pm – RCS JV boys basketball v. Staunton River.
- 7:00 pm – RCS Varsity boys basketball v. Staunton River.
Tuesday, Jan. 28 | Celebrating our Community
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm – Open House. We welcome students from Early Learners (ages 3&4) to Grade 12. Reserve your place by contacting enrollment director Emily Gaston: firstname.lastname@example.org, 540.982.3532.
- 6:00 pm – RCS Varsity girls basketball v. Bath County. Free pizza for all who attend!
Wednesday, Jan. 29 | Celebrating our Families
- 5:30-7:30 pm | Family Night at Center in the Square. Kids Square will be open for families of Early Learners – Grade 2 children. Roanoke Pinball Museum and Starcade will be open til 8 pm for just $5/person (discounted from $17). Parents’ Night on the Rooftop til 8 p.m. with food, beer, wine and soft drinks (all for purchase).
Thursday, Jan. 30 | Celebrating our Teachers
RCS students to dress like their favorite teacher or staff member, plus Teacher Appreciation Lunch at 12 noon.
- 4:00 pm – RCS middle school boys basketball v. North Cross.
- 5:30 pm – RCS JV boys basketball v. North Cross.
- 7:00 pm – RCS Varsity boys basketball v. North Cross.
Friday, Jan. 31 | Celebrating our Students
RCS students enjoy an out-of-uniform day and other fun activities.
PLUS: Celtix Spirit Contest. Students receive a raffle ticket for each sporting event they attend that week, or if they participate in dressing up for the day’s theme. The raffle tickets get entered into a drawing to win a pizza party and out-of-uniform day for the winner’s homeroom.
AND: Celtics Spirit Video Contest. The best one-minute student spirit video wins $100.
About Catholic Schools Week
Catholic Schools Week (CSW) is an annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. Now entering its 46th anniversary year, CSW has traditionally been held the last week in January. Schools typically observe the week with Masses, assemblies and other activities for students, families, parishioners and community members to celebrate and congratulate.
This year’s theme is Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.