RCS Scrip website: www.shopwithscrip.com/ RCS enrollment code: L72EE8588368/Roanoke Catholic School, Roanoke, VA.
RCS Scrip email: email@example.com
Scrip is another name for gift cards, which you purchase from the RCScrip committee, and spend, at face value. (e.g. $25 Eddie Bauer card will cost and be worth $25.) Hundreds of retailers participate in our RCScrip program, including favorites like:
- Land’s End
- Olive Garden
- Pottery Barn
- Heavenly Ham
- LL Bean
- Bath & Body Works
- Best Buy
For more retailers view the National Retailer List. Again, the gift cards from these retailers look like (and spend like) the gift cards sold in their stores.
Kroger cards are reloadable:
Simply order these cards initially from RCScrip. You may then add money (cash,check or credit card) directly onto the gift card in the store prior to your purchase. Make your purchase using the newly loaded gift card and a percentage of whatever you spend will be applied to reduce your tuition account and benefit the school. Note: you still use your regular Kroger card along with the Kroger gift card when you shop.
How RCScrip Helps to Pay Tuition
- You purchase scrip (gift cards) from the RCScrip committee and spend it at face value (i.e., a $25 in Eddie Bauer scrip will cost and be worth $25).
- Our scrip committee works with a large national scrip center. We are able to purchase these same cards at a discount determined by the retailer. For example Eddie Bauer is available at a 9% discount. We will pay $91.00 for the $100.00 in scrip.
- The resulting $9.00 difference would be split 80/20 between your personal tuition account and Roanoke Catholic School.
Our Kroger gift card works a little differently – it is ‘reloadable’. Five percent of whatever you load at Kroger will come back to benefit your tuition account and the school, also in an 80/20 split. The number on the back of your card is linked to your personal account. Every four weeks Kroger sends our committee a list that tracks all ‘reloads’ by the numbers listed on the cards. Only Kroger gift cards purchased through the RCScrip committee will be credited to your tuition account and the school. (Note: You still use your regular Kroger card along with the Kroger gift card when you shop.)
If you use this program regularly and even get family and friends to use Scrip and Kroger, as many families are currently doing, the amount a family can save on tuition annually can run into thousands of dollars! Best of all, this program costs no more than what you are already spending on gas, food, clothing, gifts, household items, etc!
It is easy to get started:
- Fill out a Scrip Enrollment Form.
- View the National Retailer List and Local Retailers to see what retailers participate and what discounts they offer. Be sure to read this list carefully for any restrictions that apply to the scrip you are interested in purchasing.
- Print off and fill out a Scrip Order Form listing what you want to purchase. Remember to total your order.
- Write a check to RCScrip (or include cash) and put it in an envelope. Please try to make sure your denominations are correct, (i.e., Eddie Bauer comes in $25.00 denominations not $20.00) NOTE: If you want your scrip delivered via Backpack Express (brought home with your child) then you need to sign where appropriate on the order form and write in your child’s name, grade, and teacher’s name. We will deliver the scrip to the teachers mailbox, but the RCS is not responsible for lost scrip.
- Orders for scrip are placed every Monday before 8:15 am and will be available for pick up, or sent home on Friday of that week. RCScrip can be ordered in the following ways:
• In person Monday mornings between 7:30 am and 8:15 am in the RCScrip store.
• Drop off in the school office anytime. IMPORTANT—Give your order to a staff member in the office. Orders dropped off during the week will be placed the following Monday.
• Send via the Backpack Express. (Because orders sent by Backpack Express on Mondays, often do not get to the office by 8:15 am, we recommend that all Backpack Express orders be sent by Friday of the previous week or hand delivered by your child before 8:15am).
All orders are called into Great Lakes Scrip Center on Mondays (unless it is a holiday, then orders are placed on Tuesday) and are available for pick-up or Backpack Express delivery on Friday.
Find out what’s happening at the Scrip Center.
Questions? Please contact the RCSrip Program Coordinator, Frank Guilfoyle, or Suzanne Guilfoyle at 540-772-6936.