Roanoke Catholic believes that service to school and community is an integral part of a Christian education; all students are involved in service projects. Beginning in kindergarten, each class partners in service to a particular local agency or organization.
- Kindergarten – Ronald McDonald House
- 1st Grade – SPCA; Second Harvest
- 2nd Grade - St. Francis of Assisi Service Dogs
- 3rd Grade - SW VA Food Bank
- 4th Grade – TAP
- 5th Grade – Rescue Mission
- 6th Grade - Food for the Poor
- 7th Grade (& SGA) - St. Francis House and Refugee Resettlement
Upper School Service
All students are required to perform 40 hours of community service each year. Students are to develop personal service projects, perform acts of service, and submit verification forms in a timely manner. Information on service opportunities both within the school and the broader community will regularly be made available. The number of verified service hours performed will be noted on each quarterly student report. If students have not completed the required service, or if they have not submitted verification, their report cards and/or transcrips will be withheld until their service hours have been completed.