Students who meet the proper age and health/immunization requirements should complete an application. Priority for acceptance is given to students who have siblings already enrolled at Roanoke Catholic, Catholic students from surrounding parishes, and children of alumni. All applicants must be able to toilet themselves independently.
K-12 Admissions Process
We are pleased you have decided to apply for admission to Roanoke Catholic School. The school’s mission emphasizes the development of the whole person, blending learning with faith and faith with daily life. The development of faith, academic success, character, athletic and other abilities is nurtured within the school’s educational philosophy. Faculty, staff, coaches and advisors all serve roles that mentor students toward reaching their full potential.
Roanoke Catholic School admits students of any race, color, sex, religion, and national and ethnic origin. The extent to which a student may prosper academically, as well as develop as a citizen of the school community, is the fundamental issue that is considered in the evaluation of an applicant for admission. The admission process seeks to determine the match between the applicant and the Roanoke Catholic School community.
Applicants and their parents are invited to the school for a personal interview and tour of the school. Arrangements may also made for students to visit classes and to meet with teachers and administrators.
Roanoke Catholic School includes students from a variety of cultural, economic, and religious backgrounds; the school strives to foster a diverse academic community. We are grateful for your serious consideration of our school and look forward to working with you and your family as you make this important decision.
Candidates for admission to Roanoke Catholic School and their families must be willing to commit to the philosophy of Roanoke Catholic School and to the Christian values it upholds, including cooperation, service, prayer, and worship. Candidates who are admitted to Roanoke Catholic School must continue their personal, religious, and academic growth in a manner that bears witness to the school’s philosophy.
Priority for acceptance is given to students who have siblings already enrolled at Roanoke Catholic, Catholic students from surrounding parishes, and children of alumni.
Please contact the Enrollment Office at 540-982-3532 x2128 with any questions you may have.
- Contact the Director of Enrollment, take a tour of the school, and meet with the Principal. This affords an opportunity to learn about the school’s philosophy and to tour the campus. The Lower School spans grades PK-7 and the Upper School includes grades 8-12.
- Return the Student Application Form and Student Information Form to Roanoke Catholic School.
- Have the applicant’s current school forward copies of the following: (1) the student’s academic transcript, (2) a copy of the most recent report card, and (3) all other reports (Please see Student Records Release Form).
- Give the two Student Evaluation Forms to the applicant’s current teacher(s). For grades 1 – 7, one evaluation form may be submitted by a guidance counselor or school principal. For grades 8 – 12, forms must be completed by current math and English teachers. After the forms are completed, they should be sent directly to the Director of Enrollment.
- Arrange for a student visit (Grades K-12), entrance testing for Kindergarten students, possible entrance testing for Grades 1-12.